Throwback Breakdown: June 26, 2010

 Hey everyone, Drake known online as Urtar Reviews here, and this is Throwback Breakdown!


The Top Ten: 

California Gurls by Katy Perry and Snoop Dogg reigns another week at #1. OMG by Usher and Will.i.am; and Airplanes by B.o. B. and Hayley Williams both hold stable at #2 and #3 respectively. Billionaire by Travie McCoy and Bruno Mars gains a spot to #4. Alejandro by Lady Gaga rises to #5. Both push past Your Love Is My Drug by Kesha losing to #6. Break Your Heart by Taio Cruz and Ludacris loses a spot to #7. Not Afraid by Eminem climbs back into the top 10 at #8. Rock That Body by The Black Eyed Peas hold stable at #9. Finally, we have a new arrival to the top 10 with Find Your Love by Drake at #10. 


Significant Gains, Losses, Dropouts and Returns:

To start off our losses, Over by Drake leaves to 31. My Chick Bad by Ludacris and Nicki Minaj drops to 34. Dynamite by Taio Cruz loses off its debut to 45. Eenie Meenie by Sean Kingston and Justin Bieber plummets to 47. Miss Me by Drake and Lil Wayne drops hard after its debut to 50. Got Your Back by T.I. and Keri Hilson suffers the same fate down at 63. Winner by Jamie Foxx, T.I. and Justin Timberlake loses to 71. I'm Back by T.I. also goes away to 78, bad week for T.I. Neighbors Know My Name by Trey Songz loses to 86. I've Gotta Get To You by George Strait drops to 95. Finally, Yeah Ya Know by T.I. drops off the debut to 100. 


For dropouts, notable ones include: Imma Be by The Black Eyed Peas, Hey Daddy (Daddy's Home) by Usher, and Baby by Justin Bieber and Ludacris clenching Billboard Year End spots, where You And Your Heart by Jack Johnson, Solo by Iyaz, and Roger That by Young Money all fall short. 

For returns, Not Myself Tonight by Christina Augilera comes back at 73. Half Of My Heart by John Mayer and Taylor Swift returns at 88. Wavin' Flag by K'naan comes back at 89. Finally, Woohoo by Christina Augilera and Nicki Minaj comes back at 99. 


To start our gains, My First Kiss by 3OH!3 returns to the top 20 at 17. Ridin' Solo by Jason Derulo enters the top 20 for the first time at 19. Your Love by Nicki Minaj skyrockets after its debut to 26. I Like It continues climbing to 32. Free by Zac Brown Band gets a welcome gain to 54. Sex Room by Ludacris and Trey Songz rises to 73. Finally, Shark In The Water by V V Brown gains to 83. 

33. Never Say Never - Justin Bieber, Jaden Smith

Like most 2010 Bieber songs I've heard I don't mind this. The production is fine, the lyrics are passable if generic, and Bieber had charisma back then. The issue I have with this is that Jaden Smith doesn't sound very good and doesn't really fit into this song but it's still fine. 


43. Waka Waka (This Time For Africa) - Shakira, Freshlyground

I really like everything I've heard from Shakira and this is no exception. She's a great singer, and this sports anthem has strong melodies, vocals, and production. Don't really have much to say just a really good song. 


66. Bionic - Christina Augilera

This is a very unusual song coming from Christina, who I've always been a defender of, and no I don't like this. The production is very clunky and annoying, and Christina sounds terrible. So yeah, bad song. 

67. Beautiful Monster - Ne-Yo

I've always liked Ne-Yo and this club banger from him is no different. The production is great, Ne-Yo is a great singer and sounds great here as usual, and the hook is really catchy. I'm kinda suprised this didn't take off in 2010 given how big club music like this was, but yeah this is great. 


70. Hey - Lil Jon, 3OH!3

I wasn't sure what to expect from a collab between these two, but I really enjoyed it. It's a really fun crunk banger with Lil Jon being crazy in the best way as usual, and 3OH!3 fitting here perfectly. The production is really good and this song is wild fun and I really liked it. 


90. If It's Love - Train

I've shitted on Train's newer music a lot on this blog with songs like Drive By and Hey Soul Sister which I still hate for the record, but I am actually a big fan of their early work, and even some of their newer work, and this is one of their newer singles that I will stick up for a lot, as I really love this song. It still has some of the characteristics of newer Train, like stupid lyrics, but I think it works for a simple love song, and adds a lot of charm to this simple love song. Also I just love the guitar line, and Pat Monahan's vocals remind me a lot of how he would sing on their older work, which I always adored. So yeah, I get why someone wouldn't like it, but for me I really love it, and it's one of their best singles since 2006 and one of the best songs on Save Me San Francisco, and it's everything Hey Soul Sister should have been, just a very cute and sweet song. 


98. Secrets - One Republic 

I gave this song an Honorable Mention on my best of 2010 list and I stand by it, as while this isn't as phenomenal as All The Right Moves, it's still a great song. I love the symphonic, but also bombastic production, Ryan Tedder's great vocals, and I like the lyrics about wanting to write what you want to, not your label wants you to write. So yeah, great song. 


So yeah that was this week. I think I'm gonna skip Dishonorable Mention this week since I only disliked one song and give two Honorable Mentions. Worst Of The Week is going to Bionic by Christina Augilera, and Best Of The Week is going to If It's Love by Train, with a tie for Honorable Mention between Beautiful Monster by Ne-Yo and Secrets by One Republic. 


Thanks for reading! Urtar Reviews signing out! I'll see you next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 Crownnote Year End With No Christmas Songs

My Top 20 Favorite Hit Songs of 2023 Part 2 (10-1)

My Top 10 Least Favorite Hit Songs of 2020