My Top 10 Least Favorite Hit Songs of 2006

 


10. Gimme That - Chris Brown 

Yay. My favorite artist. Chris brown unfortunately had a big year in 2006, and I don't like all but one of those hits at all. This isn't even the worst one (we'll get to that later). It's just Chris Brown creeping on women. My favorite. And doing it over a really stiff and annoying beat, and sounding awful doing it. His autotune has aged so poorly. Don't have more to say. 



9. Ms. New Booty - Bubba Sparxxx, Ying Yang Twins, Mr. Colipark

This is on the list entirely for that fucking atrocious beat that sounds like a siren and the annoying vocal effects that sound horrible. Other than that the song is fine, but those two elements completely ruin it. 



8. Beep - Pussycat Dolls, Will.i.am/ Buttons - Pussycat Dolls 


The Pussycat Dolls fucking suck, or at least that's the impression I have gotten from their hits. The best of them is probably Stickwitchu which is like, okay at best. And while these two songs are not as bad as When I Grow Up, they are still both very bad R&B tunes where they try to be sexy and fail, and each throws in something unique and interesting that distracts from that and sounds terrible. Beep has the fucking awful and annoying beep sound effect, and Buttons has the middle eastern inspired instruments that clash horribly with the rest of the mix. 



7. Yo (Excuse Me Miss) - Chris Brown 

My god Chris sounds so fucking awful here. He sounds like T-Pain with a cold on this. And once again he is creeping on women. All I really have to say. 



6. Waiting On The World To Change - John Mayer 

Oh boy this one. I think this might actually be the first time I have ever talked about John Mayer on this blog. I fucking hate him. Despite my parents liking him and playing his 2003 album Heavier Things a lot when I grew up, I fucking hate most of his music. And while he has much worse than this, cough cough Daughters cough cough, this is fucking awful, fake deep shit. This is a song about how John Mayer wants the world to be changed, but he believes that he can't help so he just sits there waiting for someone else to do so. The song fails at being a message song because he is so fucking vague. He doesn't mention what about the world he actually wants to be changed. And also the song sounds so upbeat, which goes against the pessimistic lyrics. Although also the lyrics are trying to be pessimistic and optimistic at the same time, which doesn't go well. And John Mayer's gravelly voice is as bad as ever, and the guitar line is so fucking basic. 



5. For You I Will - Teddy Geiger

This person wrote Treat You Better. Do I need to say more? Okay but seriously I hate this fucking song. The fucking production sucks, Teddy's gravelly voice sucks, and the lyrics are okay I guess. This doesn't give me much to say. 


4. I Wanna Fuck You - Akon, Snoop Dogg 

Akon sounds so bad on this my god. His voice here is so gravelly that it hurts to listen to. The beat sucks, and Snoop doesn't do good either. And they do a poor job of sounding sexy. 



3. You're Beautiful - James Blunt 

Fuck this song. Fuck the fact I still hear this fucking song at grocery stores and other public places all the time. Fuck James Blunt. He sounds like he's singing with a cold and wasted a good instrumental track on this song about creeping on a girl he randomly met at a train station. 



2. Hate Me - Blue October

2000s rock is such a mixed bag. The best stuff is truly incredible, we'll see some of that on the best list. And then you have shit like this. And like the main issue here is that the lead singer of Blue October just sounds so fucking awful. His voice just sounds poisonous, like he's in the process of dying. His voice actually hurts to listen to. And we have to endure him moaning for 6 whole minutes. This song feels like it's an hour long. I also hate the instrumental track. Before we find out what beat this, some Dishonorable Mentions:

DM. Do I Make You Proud - Taylor Hicks

Easily my least favorite of the Idol winner number one hits. 

DM. Stupid Girls - P!nk
How is this on the same album as Who Knew?

DM. Show Stopper - Danity Kane
Those fucking melodies are so annoying. 

DM. Smack That - Akon, Eminem
This is mainly on here for that awful Eminem verse to be honest. 

DM. Pullin' Me Back - Chingy, Tyrese
Most "in one ear out the other" hit of the year. 

DM. Shoulder Lean - Young Dro, T.I.
What is this beat?

DM. Dirty Little Secret - The All-American Rejects
I can't explain why I dislike this song this much, I just do not like it. 


DM. Life Is A Highway - Rascal Flatts
I seem to be alone in thinking this song sucks in this community. But I hate Rascal Flatts. Frankly I'd probably like this song if a better singer sang it. 

HM. What Hurts The Most - Rascal Flatts

I hate Rascal Flatts. 

HM. Lean Wit It, Rock Wit It - Dem Franchise Boyz, Peanut, Charlay
What is this beat? (2)

HM. Walk It Out - Unk
Annoying. 

Finally...


1. Lips Of An Angel - Hinder

Yeah Hinder topped another worst list. Anyone who read my 2007 worst list could have probably seen this coming. I can't even decide if this song or Better Than Me is worse. They are both some of the worst hard songs I have ever heard. The lead singer of this band is still one of the worst vocalists I have ever heard I think. He is oversinging so fucking hard and sounding just ghastly The guitar line is still so awful. And the lyrics are fucking douchy. It's basically him on the phone with his ex, who he cheated on, apologizing to her for cheating on her, before his new girl comes in, and he starts talking about how much he loves her, while he's on the phone with his ex. Dude, that's fucking creepy. And you sound creepy while you're singing it. This song just fucking hurts to listen to. Lips Of An Angel by Hinder. My least favorite hit song of 2006!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 Crownnote Year End With No Christmas Songs

My Top 20 Favorite Hit Songs of 2023 Part 2 (10-1)

My Top 10 Least Favorite Hit Songs of 2020