Throwback Breakdown: September 11, 2010

 

Hey everyone, Drake known as Urtar Reviews here. It's been a while, but today we are doing another episode of Throwback Breakdown! 



The Top Ten: 

Love The Way You Lie by Eminem and Rihanna unfortunately gets another week at #1. But Teeange Dream by Katy Perry is challenging it, rising to #2. It knocks Dynamite by Taio Cruz down to #3. I Like It by Enrique Iglesias and Pitbull, and DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love by Usher and Pitbull both hold steady at #4 and #5 respectively. Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars rises big to #6. California Gurls by Katy Perry and Snoop Dogg rebounds to #7. Cooler Than Me by Mike Posner loses to #8. Mine by Taylor Swift returns to the top 10 at #9. And Take It Off by Kesha enters the top 10 for the first time at #10. 


Significant Gains, Losses, etc:

To start off our losses, Need You Now by Lady Antebellum drops to 34. Impossible by Shontelle loses to 51. Why Wait by Rascal Flatts falls hard off it's debut to 70. Ride by Ciara and Ludacris drops to 73. POWER by Kanye West loses to 76. Gettin' Over You by David Guetta, Chris Willis, LMFAO, and Fergie drops to 84. Finally, My First Kiss by 3OH!3 and Kesha falls to 87. 


Notable dropouts include: Your Love Is My Drug by Kesha and Un-thinkable (I'm Ready) by Alicia Keys clenching Billboard Year End spots, and Rockstar 101 by Rihanna and Slash, Hold You (Hold Yuh) by Gyptian, Water by Brad Paisley, and This Afternoon by Nickelback all falling short. 


Only return is Bed Intruder Song by Antoine Dodson and The Gregory Brothers at 92. 


To start off our gains, Hot Tottie by Usher and Jay-Z rises big to 25. Animal by Neon Trees gains to 33. Like A G6 by Far East Movement, The Cataracts, and DEV rises to 41. Letting Go (Dutty Love) by Sean Kingston and Nicki Minaj gains to 53. Fancy by Drake, T.I., Swizz Beatz rises to 63. Somebody To Love by Justin Bieber and Usher rebounds to 71. The Catalyst by Linkin Park gains to 72. Finally, As She's Walking Away by Zac Brown and Alan Jackson rises to 88. 


22. Erase Me - Kid Cudi, Kanye West


The biggest hit from Man On The Moon 2, and it's a pretty good rock tune. The bass line is really funky and fits well with the chorus where the guitar and drums come in. Both rappers fit the tune well, and the lyrics are really good too. Really good song. 


54. My Kinda Party - Jason Aldean 

Jason Aldean is one of my least favorite artists to have success lately and this song is no different. His voice sounds off on this song, in a way that I cannot stand. His voice is very gravelly on this as usual, and that is an instant turn off for me. Shame cause the lyrics are fine, and the instrumental is actually pretty good, just imagine if this was done by someone like Luke Bryan, probably could have been pretty good, but no this isn't any good. 


67. Last Friday Night (TGIF) - Katy Perry

Already talked about this one in my 2011 Year End ranking and my thoughts haven't changed. Still a phenomenal song and the best one I've heard from Katy Perry. 


94. Toot It And Boot It - YG

This is an okay rap song but didn't really click with me. The hook is definitely catchy and I could see it grow on me if I listen more, but for now this is just okay. 

96. Fuck You - CeeLo Green 

Already talked about this one on my 2011 ranking, it's still a really good song. 


97. Trailerhood - Toby Keith

I have never liked Toby Keith, the opposite in fact, but this is fine. While I don't like his voice, the instrumental is pretty good actually with the I think banjo and good guitar and drums. 

98. Holding You Down (Goin' In Circles) - Jazmine Sullivan 

I'm not very familiar with Jazmine Sullivan, but this is pretty good even if not fully my thing. Her vocals are good, and the melodies are strong, but I don't know how much I would want to return to this. Still good though. 

100. Way Out Here - Josh Thompson 

This is a pretty standard country song except one with a really good groovy instrumental, so yeah I like this a fair amount

So yeah that was this week! Best of the Week is going to Last Friday Night (TGIF) by Katy Perry, with Honorable Mention to Erase Me by Kid Cudi and Kanye West. Worst of the week is going to My Kinda Party by Jason Aldean. 

Thanks for reading! Urtar Reviews signing out. I'll see you next time. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 Crownnote Year End With No Christmas Songs

My Top 20 Favorite Hit Songs of 2023 Part 2 (10-1)

My Top 10 Least Favorite Hit Songs of 2020