Throwback Breakdown: August 21, 2010

 Hey everyone, Drake, known online as Urtar Reviews here and today we're doing another episode of Throwback Breakdown!


The Top Ten: 

Love The Way You Lie by Eminem and Rihanna unfortunately gets a third week at #1. Right behind it is Dynamite by Taio Cruz rising to #2. Next we have a new debut in the top 10 at #3, Mine by Taylor Swift. They push California Gurls by Katy Perry and Snoop Dogg down to #4. I Like It by Enrique Iglesias and Pitbull holds stable at #5. Airplanes by B.o.B and Hayley Williams, and Cooler Than Me lose to #6 and #7 respectively. DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love by Usher and Pitbull gains to #8. It pushes Teenage Dream by Katy Perry down to #9. Finally, Ridin' Solo by Jason Derulo returns to the top 10 at #10. 


Significant Gains, Losses, Etc: 

To start off our losses, Stuck Like Glue by Sugarland drops off its debut to 30. Undo It by Carrie Underwood drops to 36. Lover, Lover by Jerrod Niemann loses to 39. My First Kiss by 3OH!3 and Kesha falls hard to 42. Gettin' Over You by David Guetta, Chris Willis, LMFAO, and Fergie drops to 44. Round & Round by Selena Gomez And The Scene drops to 57. Hello Good Morning by Diddy - Dirty Money and T.I. continues down to 74. Rock That Body by Black Eyed Peas does the same to 75. And so does Somebody To Love by Justin Bieber and Usher down to 76. All Over Me by Josh Turner loses to 85. Beautiful Monster by Ne-Yo drops to 91. Pray For You by Jaron And The Long Road To Love loses to 92. We'll Be A Dream by We The Kings and Demi Lovato drops to 93. Finally Sex Room by Ludacris and Trey Songz loses to 99. 


Notable dropouts include All I Do Is Win by DJ Khaled and posse, In My Head by Jason Derulo, and Haven't Met You Yet by Michael Buble all locking Year End spots, and She Won't Be Lonely Long by Clay Walker, Cuando Me Enamaro by Enrique Iglesias and Juan Luis Guerra, and Nightmare by Avenged Sevenfold all falling short. 


The only return is Fancy by Drake, T.I., and Swizz Beatz back at 97.


To start off our gains, The Boys Of Fall by Kenny Chesney gains huge off its debut all the way to 18! Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars also enters the top 20 at 20. Take It Off by Kesha rises to 27. Deuces by Chris Brown, Tyga, and Kevin McCall unfortunately gains to 56. Finally,  Rockstar 101 by Rihanna and Slash gains big off its debut to 68. 


3. Mine - Taylor Swift 

The big lead single from Speak Now, and while this song has cooled on me a bit since my best list for 2010, and it has also lowered a bit on my ranking of the album, it's still a phenomenal song! The writing is as fantastic as ever, still fantastic melodically, and Taylor's performance is still excellent. Sure there's better songs on Speak Now, but this song is still phenomenal in its own right. 


35. The Catalyst - Linkin Park 

I like most Linkin Park I've heard and this is no exception. I feel like I'm missing something lyrically, I would understand them better with the album context I think, but I don't care because this is pretty strong musically. Good stuff. 


46. Letting Go (Dutty Love) - Sean Kingston, Nicki Minaj

I usually dislike Sean Kingston, and this is no exception. The repetition of "dutty" is incerdibly annoying, the beat sucks, and Nicki fails to save it. So yeah bad song. 


50. 2012 (It Ain't The End) - Jay Sean, Nicki Minaj

Lol remember when people thought the world was gonna end in 2012? Anyway, I like everything I've heard from Jay Sean so far a lot, and yeah he did it again, cause I love this. It's just a really fun club song that makes me feel optimistic. Jay and Nicki both do very well. And the production has the magic of the best club music. So yeah fantastic song. 

53. Not Like The Movies - Katy Perry 

This is a fine piano ballad but not a highlight of Teenage Dream (like we will get next week I've seen with Circle The Drain). It's not bad but it's incredibly forgettable, unlike the rest of the album, even the song I like less (that being Peacock, which is, let's just say, the kind of song you cannot forget after hearing)

95. September - Daughtry

I am not a fan of Daughtry at all, I mean I love Feels Like Tonight, but the rest of their hits I consider bad to terrible. However, this is also pretty good if I'm being honest. This song doesn't have the clunky production of a lot of their other songs, Chris Daughtry does a good performance and the lyrics are a lot better here than most of their other songs. I still like Feels Like Tonight more, but this is also pretty good. 


97. The Man Who Can't Be Moved - The Script

Breakeven by The Script is a song I have done a full 180 on since my 2010 lists, and now love a lot. As for this, it's pretty good I guess. The singer does good, the instrumentation is solid, and the lyrics are well written. I like this too. 


So that was this week! Worst Of The Week is going to Letting Go (Dutty Love) by Sean Kingston and Nicki Minaj, with no Dishonorable Mention. Best Of The Week is going to Mine by Taylor Swift, with a tie for Honorable Mention between 2012 (It Ain't The End) by Jay Sean and Nicki Minaj and September by Daughtry. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 Crownnote Year End With No Christmas Songs

My Top 20 Favorite Hit Songs of 2023 Part 2 (10-1)

My Top 10 Least Favorite Hit Songs of 2020