Throwback Breakdown: September 4, 2010



 Hey everyone, Drake, known online as Urtar Reviews here, and it's time for another Throwback Breakdown!

The Top Ten: 

Love The Way You Lie by Eminem and Rihanna unfortunately gets another week at #1. Dynamite by Taio Cruz holds stable right behind it at #2. Teeange Dream by Katy Perry gains big to #3. I Like It by Enrique Iglesias holds steady at #4. DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love by Usher and Pitbull rises to #5. Next we have a top 10 debut, Right Above It by Lil Wayne and Drake at #6. It pushes back Cooler Than Me by Mike Posner and California Gurls by Katy Perry and Snoop Dogg to #7 and #8 respectively. Finally we have two new arrivals to the top 10, Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars at #9 and Magic by B.o.B. and Rivers Cuomo at #10. 


Significant Gains, Losses, Etc: 

To start off our losses, Alejandro by Lady Gaga drops to 38. Bulletproof by La Roux loses to 39. Your Love Is My Drug by Kesha drops to 46. All About Tonight by Blake Shelton loses to 52. Free by Zac Brown Band unfortunately drops to 53. Undo It by Carrie Underwood loses to 56. Lover, Lover by Jerrod Niemann drops to 59. Gettin' Over You by David Guetta, Chris Willis, Fergie and LMFAO loses to 66. Rockstar 101 by Rihanna and Slash drops to 76. Round & Round by Selena Gomez and The Scene loses to 77. Somebody To Love by Justin Bieber and Usher drops to 97. This Afternoon by Nickelback loses to 98. Finally, As She's Walking Away by Zac Brown Band and Alan Jackson drops off its debut to 99. 


Notable dropouts are Hello Good Morning by Diddy - Dirty Money and T.I, and Lose My Mind by Jeezy and Plies. 


No returns this week. 


To start off our gains, Need Your Now by Lady Antebellum somehow gets a late run boost to 23. Deuces by Chris Brown, Tyga, and Kevin McCall continues up to 29. If I Had You by Adam Lambert gains to 32. Animal by Neon Trees rises to 43. Like A G6 by The Far East Movement, The Cataracts and Dev gains to 69 (nice). Fancy by Drake, T.I., Swizz Beatz rises to 74. September by Daughtry gains to 80. Finally, Hot Tottie by Usher and Jay-Z rises to 88. 


6. Right Above It - Lil Wayne, Drake


Pretty good rap banger with a great beat, good rapping from both Drake and Wayne, a good hook, and some great quotable lines from both. It's nothing special and both artists have better, but it's pretty good. 

12. Just A Dream - Nelly 

Fantastic guitar line and rap beat, great hook and a good performance from Nelly, The lyrics are nothing special but they're fine and the song is pretty great. 

42. E.T. - Katy Perry, Kanye West 


Technically this charted this week as the original solo album track, off the Teenage Dream release but it is credited now to the remix, and I said what I have to say about it on my 2011 ranking. While I get why some hate it, I really like this remix. Fantastic song. 

48. Why Wait - Rascal Flatts


I don't like Rascal Flatts at all, and here is no different. The singer's voice reminds me of Hunter Hayes (not a compliment to say the least) and this song is lyrically something he would absolutely make. I can just hear in my head the Hunter Hayes cover of this song (and if you're not aware I hate Hunter Haye's voice a lot) Outside of the annoying voice this is just forgettable, but god do I hate his voice and so yeah I dislike this a lot. 

86. Give A Little More - Maroon 5

The failed follow up single to Misery, a song I think is really good, and I'm less of a fan of this. It's still solid, it's got a decent funky groove, but it doesn't have as sticky a hook, and is overall just a bit more forgettable and worse than Misery. I'll take it, but Maroon 5 have made a lot of better songs both before and after. 

98. Black Rain - Soundgarden

Yay, metal, my favorite genre of music (being sarcastic). As I have said before multiple times, metal is one of the few music genres that I rarely enjoy. It's too loud and crazy and ear piercing for me 99 percent of the time and I usually hate the singer's voices. And I don't really have any specific things to say about any particular metal song I hate, just those things. And yeah, all of this applies to this song. If you like this kind of music I'm glad you do, but I hate this shit. 

So that was this week! Worst Of The Week is going to Black Rain by Soundgarden, with Dishonorable Mention to Why Wait by Rascal Flatts. Best Of The Week is going to E.T. by Katy Perry and Kanye West, with Honorable Mention to Just A Dream by Nelly. 

Thanks for reading! Urtar Reviews signing out! I'll see you next time!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 Crownnote Year End With No Christmas Songs

My Top 20 Favorite Hit Songs of 2023 Part 2 (10-1)

My Top 10 Least Favorite Hit Songs of 2020