Throwback Breakdown: August 14, 2010

 Hey everyone, Drake, known online as Urtar Reviews, and it's time for another episode of Throwback Breakdown! 

The Top Ten:

Love The Way You Lie by Eminem and Rihanna unfortunately spends another week at #1. California Gurls by Katy Perry and Snoop Dogg, Dynamite by Taio Cruz, Airplanes by B.o.B. and Hayley Williams all hold stable at #2, #3, and #4 respectively. I Like It by Enrique Iglesias and Pitbull gains to a new peak of #5. Cooler Than Me by Mike Posner gains to #6. Teenage Dream by Katy Perry gets a big boost of its debut to #7. It pushes back Billionaire by Travie McCoy and Bruno Mars to #8. DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love by Usher and Pitbull enters the top 10 for the first time at #9. It pushes back OMG also by Usher, as well as Will.i.am to #10. 


Significant Gains, Losses, Etc: 

To start off our losses, Nothin' On You by B.o.B. and Bruno Mars falls to 41. All I Do Is Win by DJ Khaled and his posse loses to 44. Somebody To Love by Justin Bieber and Usher continues losing to 57. Hello Good Morning by Diddy - Dirty Money and T.I. drops to 59. Rock That Body by Black Eyed Peas falls to 64. This Afternoon by Nickelback loses to 68. Waka Waka (This Time For Africa) by Shakira and Freshlyground drops to 69. Beautiful Monster by Ne-Yo loses to 70. Pray For You by Jaron And The Long Road To Love drops to 76. Champagne Life by Ne-Yo drops off its debut to 85. Hold You (Hold Yuh) by Gyptian loses to 90. Break My Bank by New Boyz and Iyaz loses to 92. Finally, She Won't Be Lonely Long by Clay Walker drops to 95. 


Notable dropouts include Over by Drake and Eenie Meenie by Justin Bieber and Sean Kingston locking Year End spots, and Jar Of Hearts by Christina Perri and Can't Be Tamed by Miley Cyrus falling short. 


The only return is (sigh) Nightmare by Avenged Sevenfold back at 83. 


To start off our gains, Club Can't Handle Me by Flo Rida and David Guetta gains big to 33. Take It Off by Kesha gains big to 52. Animal by Neon Trees rises to 54. If I Die Young by The Band Perry gains to 55. If I Had You by Adam Lambert rises to 56. I'm In by Keith Urban gains to 61. Deuces by Chris Brown, Tyga, and Kevin McCall unfortunately gains to 67. Finally, Roll With It by Easton Corbin gains to 87. 


20. Stuck Like Glue - Sugarland

A lot of my friends hate this song, and I kinda get why, but I heavily disagree.. I have a soft spot for this kind of pop country made by women if you couldn't tell (cough cough early Taylor Swift cough cough) and while this is really cheesy and I get why someone would find it annoying I find it really fun and it puts a smile on my face when I hear it. Fantastic song. 


79. G.R.I.N.D. (Get Ready It's A New Day) - Asher Roth

The only Asher Roth song I knew before listening to this was I Love College, a song I think is awful, one of the worst hits of 2009. This is better but because it's forgettable rather than outright awful. Nothing really sticks out as that bad to me, but I gurantee I will forget everything about it as soon as I am done writing this entry. 


96. The Boys Of Fall - Kenny Chesney

I'm not a Kenny Chesney fan by any means even if I enjoy a few songs like Come Over or American Kids. And this is closer to that territory than most of his songs I know. It's an ode to his hometown and while nothing special in that sense it does have a bit more musical buildup and punch than most of his songs. While I am not a huge fan personally, I do get the appeal of this song a lot more than I do with the average Kenny Chesney song. 


97. The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown

Second Chance by Shinedown is one of my least favorite songs ever if I'm being honest, for reasons I will go into whenever I do a 2009 ranking. So I was expecting to hate this too, but I don't. In fact I kinda like this. The singer sounds a lot better on this, it doesn't have the trigger element that makes me hate Second Chance, and the lyrics are a lot better. I also like the instrumentation. This song is nothing special, but it's better than I expected and way better than their biggest hit that I loathe so much to this day. 


99. Rockstar 101 - Rihanna, Slash

I listened to Rated R by Rihanna a few months back, and while I enjoyed the album a fair amount, if my memory serves this was my least favorite song on it, and it is pretty bad. And it's all down to the mixing. It just sounds like shit and completely kills the momentum this song was going for. I like Rihanna a lot these days but this is not it. 


So that was this week. Worst Of The Week is going to Rockstar 101 by Rihanna and Slash, with Dishonorable Mention to G.R.I.N.D by Asher Roth. Best Of The Week is going to Stuck Like Glue by Sugarland, with Honorable Mention to The Crow & The Butterfly by Shinedown. 


Thanks for reading! Urtar Reviews signing out! I'll see you next time!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 Crownnote Year End With No Christmas Songs

My Top 20 Favorite Hit Songs of 2023 Part 2 (10-1)

My Top 10 Least Favorite Hit Songs of 2020