2015 Year End Ranked Part 2

 79. How Deep Is Your Love - Calvin Harris, Disciples (6/10)

This is a solid EDM song but nothing special. 


78. Homegrown - Zac Brown Band (6/10)

This is the worst Zac Brown Band song I've ever heard (I have not listened to The Owl and I probably never will). It's fine for what it is but this group has so many better songs and in this vein no less. Chicken Fried this is not. 

77. Post To Be - Omarion, Chris Brown, Jhene Aiko (6/10)

Without Chris Brown this would be a 7 or 8.


76. Blessings - Big Sean, Drake (7/10)

I used to really dislike this song but I turned around on it. I still don't think it's great but Drake's hook is really good, the beat works, and Big Sean does decently too. 

75. Tuesday - ILOVEMAKONNEN, Drake (7/10)

Just like Blessings I used to hate this song, but I turned around on it. The song is a bit too long still but the hook and verses slap and the beat randomly clicked for me and works well.


74. Drag Me Down - One Direction (7/10)

This is the worst year end hit One Direction got as a group and I still like it. It has strong melodies and harmonies and a great hook like most One Direction songs but this one has some mixing issues that hold it back a bit. 


73. I Don't Mind - Usher, Juicy J (7/10)

Usher has better but this is still a pretty good song. The hook slaps and I like the rest too. 


72. Strip That Down - Luke Bryan (7/10)

Luke Bryan has better but this is good for what it is. 


71. Fight Song - Rachel Platten (7/10)

Oh boy I'm gonna get some shit for this one. This song gets a lot of hate in this community and I get it 100 percent. Heck up until very recently I was right there, but it randomly clicked for me. Yes the lyrics are generic, inspirational cliches, but what makes this work is Rachel Platten's performance. She sounds so confident that she conveys the lyrics well as cliche as they are. Also she's just a good singer in general and I like the guitar, and piano production a lot. Also shoutout to a song I've heard from her before she got big in 2011 called 10,000 Ships, it's fucking amazing. 


70. CoCo - O.T. Genasis (8/10)

Slaps


69. Classic Man - Jidenna, RomanGianArthur (8/10)

Yes this is just Fancy again but worse, but Fancy is a 10/10 so being a worse version of it still leaves you being pretty good. 

68. No Type - Rae Sremmurd (8/10)

If you call this song bad because "HE LITERALLY CONTRADICTS HIMSELF IN THE NEXT LINE. HE SAYS HE DOESNT HAVE A TYPE AND THEN HE SAYS BAD BITCHES IS HIS TYPE" I do not trust you. I get disliking it for how it sounds though I disagree there. This group has better though, like...


67. Throw Sum Mo - Rae Sremmurd, Nicki Minaj, Young Thug (8/10)

Slaps. 


66. Nasty Freestyle - T-Wayne (8/10)

I kinda get why people don't like this one but it slaps if you ask me. 


65. Bitch Better Have My Money - Rihanna (8/10)

Hard is a better song in this vein, but hey it's not like this isn't also really good. Rihanna rarely misses. 


64. Locked Away - R. City, Adam Levine (8/10)

This is the lowest Maroon 5 related song here and it's in the 8s. Although to be fair if This Summer were here it would be pretty low on the ranking. Anyway this is a really good reggae-ish pop song. 


63. Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson (8/10)

It's really good but I'm not gonna act like I think both artists haven't made better. 


62. Don't - Ed Sheeran (8/10)

It's good but a bit overrated in this community if you ask me. And Sing is better for the record. 


61. Waves (Remix) - Mr. Probz, Robin Schultz (8/10)

This song is so simple and incredibly repetitive but it actually uses that to its advantage and ends up pretty damn good. 


60. Where Ya At - Future, Drake (8/10)

Just a good rap tune I don't have much to say about. 


59. Jumpman - Drake, Future (8/10)

And this is a better one by the same two artists. 


58. Ex's And Oh’s - Elle King (8/10)

The fact this somehow ended up higher on the 2016 Billboard YE than it was in 2015 is definitive proof of how much the Billboard chart year sucks. Song's really good too. 


57. My Way - Fetty Wap, Monty (8/10)

One of these days I will listen to Fetty Wap's debut self titled album and I am expecting to enjoy a lot. This is the worst of the songs I've heard from it outside of Again and I still really like it. 


56. GDFR - Flo Rida, Sage The Gemini, Looks (8/10)

Still don't really hear the supposed resemblance to Talk Dirty outside of the sax, and even if I got it I wouldn't really care because I like Talk Dirty and I also like this song. 


55. On My Mind - Ellie Goulding (8/10)

Yes I think Ellie Goulding's response to Don't is the better song. Better hook and production and just as good lyrics. And it's also the worst song I've heard from her easily. 


54. All About That Bass - Meghan Trainor (8/10)

I get why people hate this (heck I used to be there), but not only do I think it kinda slaps now but also I interpret it as a failed attempt at a positive message more than anything else and not something worth getting fired about. Again I get why people hate it but like most Meghan Trainor hits these days I enjoy it. 


53. I Want You To Know - Zaydd (Zedd), Ayana (Selena) Gomez (if you know you know)

Example 1 of Selena having a great year in my opinion and yet another example of Zedd being great


52. Sorry - Justin Bieber (8/10)

The lyrics are really fucking cringe but it also kinda slaps so it gets a good score from me. 


51. What Do You Mean? - Justin Bieber (8/10)

This was Biebers best song before the Justic era and it's still a real good pop song. But it's produced by Zedd so what did I expect?


50. Centuries - Fall Out Boy (8/10)

MIDDLE SCHOOL NOSTALGIA 


49. Can't Feel My Face - The Weeknd (8/10)

This song is still really good but I also kinda lost a use for it after after hours came out. 


48. Earned It - The Weeknd (8/10)

Oh boy I'm gonna get shit for putting this above Can't Feel My Face but I genuinely like it more these days. I love the dramatic strings that really set the atmosphere and Abel's vocals are really good. 


47. Cheerleader - OMI

Just a damn good pop song. 


46. Bang Bang - Jessie J, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj (8/10)

This song was inspired heavily by the Lady Marmalade cover from the 2000s and you can tell. And just like that song it's a really fun and chaotic collab single. 


45. Like I'm Gonna Lose You - Meghan Trainor, John Legend (8/10)

This is like if Everything I Wanted by Ellie Eilish worked better for me musically.  


44. Elastic Heart - Sia (8/10)

I wish I didn't like this song as much as I do, but I unfortunately think its really good and a much better song than Chandelier. 


43. The Hills - The Weeknd (8/10)

I respect this song more than I personally love it bug oh boy do I respect a lot. 


42. Outside - Calvin Harris, Ellie Goulding (8/10)

As someone who isn't a big fan of Summer and HATES Blame its good to have a single from this album I think is great. 


41. Here - Alessia Cara (9/10)

This would be a lot higher if not for the one line "But honestly, I’d rather be.. Somewhere with my people, we can kick it and just listen to some music with a message, like we usually do"

Outside of that it's fantastic as someone who is socially awkward myself. 


40. Stay With Me - Sam Smith (9/10)

This is the kind of white adult contemporary radio type shit I love.


39. Somebody - Natalie La Rose, Jeremih (9/10)

Fun fact: the woman who made this song, after one more single with Fetty Wap in 2015, didn't release anything until randomly dropping a single in 2022. Imagine dropping two singles in one year, one becoming a top 10 Billboard hit, and dipping for half a decade and then randomly dropping a new song. 


38. I Don't Fuck With You - Big Sean, E-40 (9/10)

Banger


And this is a wrap on part 2. Part 3 will hopefully be out soon! Thanks for reading. Urtar Reviews signing out! I'll see you next time. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 Crownnote Year End With No Christmas Songs

My Top 20 Favorite Hit Songs of 2023 Part 2 (10-1)

My Top 10 Least Favorite Hit Songs of 2020