Throwback Breakdown: July 24, 2010

 

Hey everyone, Drake, known online as Urtar Reviews here and today we're doing another episode of Throwback Breakdown!


The Top Ten;

California Gurls by Katy Perry reigns another week at #1. Love The Way You Lie by Eminem and Rihanna is unfortunately right behind it stable at #2. Airplanes by B.o.B. and Hayley Williams gains to #3. It pushes back OMG by Usher and Will.i.am to #4. Billionaire by Bruno Mars and Travie McCoy holds stable at #5. Dynamite by Taio Cruz gains to #6, pushing back Cooler Than Me by Mike Posner to #7. I Like It by Enrique Iglesias and Pitbull enters the top 10 for the first time at #8. It pushes back Find Your Love by Drake and Ridin' Solo by Jason Derulo back to #9 and #10 respectively. 


Significant Losses, Dropouts, Gains, and Returns:

To start our losses, Can't Be Tamed by Miley Cyrus continues falling to 46. King Of Anything by Sara Bareilles drops to 63. No Love  by Eminem and Lil Wayne drops to 78. If We Ever Meet Again by Timbaland and Katy Perry loses to 79. Club Can't Handle Me by Flo Rida and David Guetta falls of its debut to 89. Same thing with Deuces by Chris Brown, Tyga, and Kevin McCall down to 96. 

For dropouts, we have Young Forever by Jay-Z and Mr. Hudson and finally I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas clenching Billboard Year End list spots and Wrong Baby Wrong by Martina McBride falling short. 

We only have one return, Lay Me Down by The Dirty Heads and Rome at 95. 

To start off our gains, Misery by Maroon 5 gains to 44. The Only Exception by Paramore rises to 52. Animal by Neon Trees gets a welcome boost to 66. Magic by B.o.B. and Rivers Cuomo gains to 68. Our Kind Of Love by Lady Antebellum rises to 69 (nice). Secrets by One Republic gets a welcome gain to 70. If I Had You by Adam Lambert rises to 73. We'll Be A Dream by We The Kings and Demi Lovato gains to 81. Wavin' Flag by K'naan rises to 83. 


92. If I Die Young - The Band Perry

Like I said on my recent 2011 rankings I get why people hate this song because of the lyrics about a girl fantazing about dying young, and I once kept myself from liking the song as much as I adored the sound of this track because of them, but recently I've just found myself drowning out the lyrics and just embracing the absolute beauty of the instrumentation and vocals. So yeah I get why people hate this but for me it is an amazing song. 


94. Bittersweet - Fantasia

This is a solid R&B song but just not really my thing. I get why someone would love this and if you're into R&B more than me you'd probably love this. 


98. BMF (Blowing Money Fast) - Rick Ross, Styles P

This is just a dark atmospheric hip hop banger with a HARD beat and Rick Ross riding the atmosphere really well. Not really more to say. 


99. Up On The Ridge - Dierks Bentley

You all know how much I love Drunk On A Plane, but outside of that I had yet to find a Dierks Bentley song that impressed me much, but here we are. It has a dark atmospheric classic country sound that I love that makes me think of like cowboys traveling at night. It's just a simple love song lyrically, but it sounds great. Really good song. Not better than Drunk On A Plane but few things are in my opinion. 


And that was this week. Skipping the worst sections because nothing here was bad. Best Of The Week is going to If I Die Young by The Band Perry and a tie for Honorable Mention to BMF by RIck Ross and Styles P and Up On The Ridge by Dierks Bentley. 


Thanks for reading! Urtar Reviews signing out! I'll see you next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 Crownnote Year End With No Christmas Songs

My Top 20 Favorite Hit Songs of 2023 Part 2 (10-1)

My Top 10 Least Favorite Hit Songs of 2020