Throwback Breakdown: July 17, 2010

 

Hey everyone, Drake, known online as Urtar Reviews here and today we're doing another Throwback Breakdown, something I haven't done in a while. 


The Top 10:

To start off our Top 10, California Gurls by Katy Perry and Snoop Dogg reigns at #1 for a fifth week. Love The Way You Lie by Eminem and Rihanna is unfortunately right behind it stable at #2. Behind it, OMG by Usher and Will,i,am, Airplanes by B.o.B. and Hayley Williams, and Billionaire by Travie McCoy and Bruno Mars all hold stable at #, #4, and #5 respectively. Cooler Than Me by Mike Posner gains to #6 and Dynamite by Taio Cruz enters the top 10 for the first time at #7.Find Your Love by Drake drops a couple spots to #8. Ridin' Solo by Jason Derulo gains to #9. And finally Not Afraid re enters the top 10 at #10. 


Significant Losses, Dropouts, Gains and Returns:

To start off our losses, Can't Be Tamed by Miley Cyrus drops hard to 31. Round & Round by Selena Gomez And The Scene falls after its debut to 48. Misery by Maroon 5 loses to 54 off its debut. The biggest drop off a debut is No Love by Eminem and Lil Wayne down to 67. If We Ever Meet Again by Timbaland and Katy Perry drops to 68. Eenie Meenie by Sean Kingston and Justin Bieber falls to 81. Shark In The Water by V V Brown loses to 82. Wrong Baby Wrong by Martina McBride drops to 90. Wavin' Flag by K'Naan falls to 94. Finally Never Say Never by Justin Bieber and Jaden Smith loses to 98. 


Notable dropouts are Tik Tok by Kesha finally leaving clenching it's YE spot and I Keep On Loving You by Reba McEntire and I'm Back by T.I. falling short. 


For returns, we only have one, Secrets by One Republic at 83. 


To start off our gains, Somebody To Love by Justin Bieber and Usher enters the top 20 at 15. Hello Good Morning by Diddy - Dirty Money and T.I. rises to 29. Pretty Boy Swag by Soulja Boy gains to 70. Magic by B.o.B and Rivers Cuomo rises to 78. If I Had You by Adam Lambert gains to 85. And finally Farmer's Daughter by Rodney Atkins rises to 89. 


22. POWER - Kanye West

The lead single to Kanye's beloved album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, and while not my favorite song on it, it's still a banger. The guitar is amazing, the beat slaps, Kanye sounds amazing, delivers some great bars, and the backing vocals add a lot. Great song. 


63. Jar Of Hearts - Christina Perri

This song is so boring. Like really boring. Have I mentioned this song is boring. This song is like driving down a long straight road with no curves and endless fields and you don't have any entertainment with you. You're just sitting there watching endless fields go by. 


65. Club Can't Handle Me - Flo Rida, David Guetta
Flo Rida is the GOAT and this is the best song ever. Okay but for real this is such a classic of the club boom with the iconic as hell and phenomenal hook and the incredibly hype verses. All in all just such a hype song and an absolute banger. Fantastic song. 

84. Outta Your Mind - Lil Jon, LMFAO
Lil Jon is incredible at making crunk/party bangers and this is no different. His charisma and energy is infectious and this is another banger. I don't think LMFAO really add anything and nor do the chipmunk vocals but yeah this still slaps. 

87. Deuces - Chris Brown, Kevin McCall, Tyga
I have no new thoughts, and I already ranted about this piece of SHIT on my 2010 worst list months ago so go see that if you haven't.

95. We'll Be A Dream - We The Kings, Demi Lovato
This is a pretty solid rock tune, with some nice guitars, chemistry between the singers, and a catchy hook. Good song. 

97. All Over Me - Josh Turner
This has a really good instrumental with amazing guitars, drums and I think banjo, that reminds me a lot of one of my favorite songs of 2021 Cheap Seats by Emily Scott Robinson. And the vocals are also good. This isn't as good as Cheap Seats, doesn't have the phenomenal lyrics of that song, it's still really good. 

99. Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias, Juan Luis Guerra
This is a pretty solid traditional Latin song from Enrique Iglesias, and it wasn't really what I was expecting given other Enrique songs I've heard in Spanish like Bailando and El Perdon. But it was a pleasant surprise because I liked this, even if not as much as Bailando. 

100. I Can Do Anything - 3OH!3
What the fuck is this? This is almost in so bad it's good territory. Key word being almost. The lyrics are funny, the song is way too loud and in your face in a way that I can see someone liking but I am not that person. Bad song. 

So yeah that was this week!

Worst Of The Week is obviously going to Deuces by Chris Brown, Tyga, and Kevin McCall, with Dishonorable Mention to I Can Do Anything by 3OH!3. Best Of The Week is going to Club Can't Handle Me by Flo Rida and David Guetta, with POWER by Kanye West edging out All Over Me by Josh Turner for Honorable Mention. 

Thanks for reading! Urtar Reviews signing out. I'll see you next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 Crownnote Year End With No Christmas Songs

My Top 20 Favorite Hit Songs of 2023 Part 2 (10-1)

My Top 10 Least Favorite Hit Songs of 2020