Throwback Breakdown: July 3, 2010

 Hey everyone, Drake known online as Urtar Reviews here and it's time for another episode of Throwback Breakdown! 


The Top Ten:

California Gurls by Katy Perry and Snoop Dogg reigns another week at #1 angering Leslie (if you know you know). OMG by Usher and Will.i.am is right behind it at #2. Airplanes by B.o.B. and Hayley Williams, and Billionaire by Travie McCoy and Bruno Mars hold steady at # and #4 respectively. Find Your Love by Drake rises big to #5, likely because of his album release impacting the charts this week. Your Love Is My Drug by Kesha holds stable at #6. Alejandro by Lady Gaga drops to #7. Next we have a new arrival to the top 10, Cooler Than Me by Mike Posner. It pushes back Not Afraid by Eminem to #9 and Break Your Heart by Taio Cruz and Ludacris to #10. 


Significant Gains, Losses, etc: 

To start off our losses, My Chick Bad by Ludacris and Nicki Minaj drops to 45. Eeenie Meenie by Sean Kingston and Justin Bieber falls to 58. Miss Me by Drake and Lil Wayne somehow loses to 63 despite his album release. Finally, Never Say Never by Justin Bieber and Jaden Smith falls after its debut to 65. 


For dropouts, the only notable ones are Not Myself Tonight by Christina Augilera, Beamer, Benz, or Bentley by Lloyd Banks and Juelz Santana, I Gotta Get To You by George Strait, Keep On Lovin' You by Steel Magnolia, and Everything To Me by Monica all falling short of Year End list spots. 


For returns, Solo by Iyaz comes back at 92 unfortunately. Our Kind Of Love by Lady Antebellum returns at 94. Finally, Magic by B.o.B. and Rivers Cuomo comes back at 100. 


To start our gains, Dynamite by Taio Cruz rebounds to 34. Somebody To Love by Justin Bieber and Usher gains to 33. Free by Zac Brown Band gets a very welcome boost to 42 (that song has grown on me a lot since I reviewed it here by the way). There Goes My Baby by Usher gains to 44. Teach Me How To Dougie by Cali Swag District continues up to 66. Pretty Good At Drinkin' Beer by Billy Currington gains to 68. Shark In The Water by V V Brown rises to 70. Half Of My Heart by John Mayer and Taylor Swift gains to 75. Finally, If It's Love by Train gets a very welcome (at least to me) boost to 77. 


49. Up All Night - Drake, Nicki Minaj

Drake had a mini album bomb this week with Thank Me Later, and this is the highest of his debuts with Nicki Minaj, and I like this. The beat has a really great dark atmosphere and Drake and Nicki ride it very well with some great bars. Just a hard banger. 


57. 9AM In Dallas - Drake

Another Drake song, and I like this. I like the piano beat and atmosphere, Drake sounds good, and the lyrics are solid. Good song. 



71. Fireworks - Drake, Alicia Keys

This is one with Alicia Keys and this is even better. The production has a very great atmosphere and Drake and Alicia Keys sing and rap about success and Drake falling in love with Rihanna. And both sound absolutely amazing, espicially Alicia. 


81. Another Way To Die - Disturbed

First song not by Drake but by the metal band Disturbed who I am not familiar with outside of their dogshit cover of The Sound Of Silence, and just like 99 percent of metal I hate this. I mean the message of the lyrics isn't a bad one but the execution is not done very well and I just hate the way it sounds with the shrieky vocals and way too loud instrumentation. So yeah shit song!


89. Double Vision - 3OH!3

I actually kinda like this song. Sure it's stupid, but it has charm in that and the production is great and 3OH!3 do well enough on vocals. So yeah this is really good. 


91. 143 - Bobby Brackins, Ray J

I have no idea who Bobby Brackins is, but I enjoy this song. The hook is really catchy and fun, and the performers have a lot of charisma and energy and the production is great. Good song. 

90. Pretty Boy Swag - Soulja Boy

I know a lot of people in this community hate this song and Soulja Boy in general, but I don't at all, in fact I enjoy this and all his songs I've heard. I don't know, I just really enjoy this beat and his flows are fun. I get why someone would dislike this more than with like Kiss Me Thru The Phone, which is a better song for the record, but I still enjoy this a fair amount. 

93. Lay Me Down - Dirty Heads, Rome

I'm not really familiar with either act here, but this is pretty good beach music. The instrumnetal has a really nice summery groove, the singers sound good, and the lyrics about enjoying time at the beach with your girlfriend fit the atmosphere and this is just a real fun summer song. 


95. Finding My Way Back - Jaheim

This is an okay R&B song about this guy being determined to get back with his girl, but it's nothing special for me. It's solid but nothing special. 


96. Farmer's Daughter - Rodney Atkins

I actually enjoyed this more than I thought. I like the guitar riff, and the lyrics while generic, also have a charm to them and I like Rodney's vocals here. It's nothing special, but it does the job. 


97. This Ain't Nothin - Craig Morgan

This song started off really boring, but once it picked up it was a solid country song about a man who has lost a lot and yet dismisses it all as "this ain't nothin". It's fine but it's nothing I would ever seek out. 


98. All About Tonight - Blake Shelton

This is an above average Blake Shelton song, in that it's just kinda mid. The guitar is fine, Blake's vocals are fine, and Blake is better at making dumb party songs than he is at making love songs if you ask me. It's fine, but compared to shit like Sure Be Cool If You Did or God Gave Me You it's amazing. I'll take it. 


99. Fancy - Drake, T.I., Swizz Beatz

Last Drake song, and I don't really like this one. The beat sucks, nobody really impresses and this song is just kinda there. It's not bad, but when you compare it the other Drake songs this week or say, Fancy by Iggy Azalea it just doesn't compare.


So that was this week!


Best Of The Week goes to Fireworks by Drake and Alicia Keys. I'm gonna give a tie for Honorable Mention between Lay Me Down by Dirty Heads and Rome and Up All Night by Drake. Worst Of The Week goes to Another Way To Die by Disturbed easily, and I am not gonna give a Dishonorable Mention because nothing else was even bad. 


Thanks for reading! Urtar Reviews signing out! I'll see you next time!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 Crownnote Year End With No Christmas Songs

My Top 20 Favorite Hit Songs of 2023 Part 2 (10-1)

My Top 10 Least Favorite Hit Songs of 2020