Throwback Breakdown: July 10, 2010

 

Hey everyone, Drake, known online as Urtar Reviews here and it's time for another episode of Throwback Breakdown!


The Top Ten:

California Gurls by Katy Perry reigns for a fourth week at #1. But right behind it is a debuting song in the top 2, Love The Way You Lie by Eminem and Rihanna at #2. It pushes OMG by Usher and Will.i.am back to #3, Airplanes by B.o.B. and Hayley Williams to #4, Billionaire by Travie McCoy and Bruno Mars to #5, and  Find Your Love by Drake to #6. Cooler Than Me by Mike Posner gains a spot to #7, pushing back Your Love Is My Drug by Kesha to #8 and Alejandro by Lady Gaga to #9. Finally, Ridin' Solo by Jason Derulo breaks the top 10 for the first time at #10. 


Significant Gains, Losses, etc:

To start off our losses, Young Forever by Jay-Z grows old to 31.  Rude Boy by Rihanna gets polite to 33. If We Ever Meet Again by Timbaland and Katy Perry falls to 51. My Chick Bad gets good to 55. Eenie Meenie by Sean Kingston and Justin Bieber falls to 68. Miss Me by Drake and Lil Wayne loses to 76. Never Say Never by Justin Bieber and Jaden Smith says never down to 86. Up All Night by Drake and Nicki Minaj utterly collapses down to 90. Finally, I'm Back by T.I. leaves to 95. 


For returns, the only one is Kissin' U by Miranda Cosgrove coming back at 93. 


Dropouts this week include: I Made It by Kevin Rudolf, Birdman, Jay Sean, and Lil Wayne, and Bad Romance by Lady Gaga clenching Billboard Year End spots, where Winner by Jamie Foxx, Justin Timberlake, and T.I, Lil Freak by Usher and Nicki Minaj, and Solo by Iyaz all fall short. 


The only gain of 10 or more spots is  Dynamite by Taio Cruz cracking the top 20 at 14. 



2. Love The Way You Lie - Eminem, Rihanna

I have already ranted about this song on my 2010 worst list and I absolutely stand by calling it the worst hit of the year and everything I already said about it still stands for me. The production is a tedious disaster, Rihanna delivers one of her worst ever hooks, Eminem sounds terrible, and the lyrics are just as disgusting to me as they always were and I still hate how much praise this song gets. 


23. No Love - Eminem, Lil Wayne

This is probably the best song I have heard from Recovery, not saying much but, this is okay. I actually like the production here and the sample works well. And Lil Wayne does a pretty good job. The worst part is easily Eminem himself who just doesn't do very good but this is still okay and definitely the best I have heard from Recovery. 


24. Round & Round - Selena Gomez And The Scene

I've enjoyed a lot of what I've heard from Selena Gomez's old band The Scene and yeah I enjoy this song too. The production is great, the hook is catchy and fun, and Selena sounds really good and sells the lyrics well. Just a fun little pop song. 


44. Misery - Maroon 5

I regret not giving this song a Honorable Mention on my 2010 best list because I really like it. The funky groove, Adam's great vocals and the great hook. I also like the lyrics, so yeah great song. 


59. King Of Anything - Sara Bareilles

I already praised this song on my 2010 best list and I stand by everything I said. The great piano and guitar instrumental, Sara's amazing vocals, and the great cathartic lyrics utterly destroying this asshole. Fantastic song. 


62. Won't Back Down - Eminem, P!nk

Back to Eminem and holy shit is this a disaster. P!nk sounds way worse than usual and then Eminem sounds AWFUL. And the production is some of the most cluttered I think I have ever heard. So yeah DOGSHIT. 

71. Cold Wind Blows - Eminem

This also sucks. The beat is also dogshit and Eminem sounds terrible and and has some insufferable bars. Also that oh oh oh hook is utter death. So yeah also DOGSHIT. 


75. Stay - Miley Cyrus

Another break from Eminem and this is a welcome one as this is a really good breakup ballad from Miley that works a lot better than some of her other ballads from her early career like When I Look At You or The Climb. So yeah I enjoyed this a lot. 


88. Talkin' 2 Myself - Eminem, Kobe

This is also DOGSHIT. This is basically a ego trip song where Eminem disses other rappers while saying he's the best which is just insufferable and combine that with a terrible beat and terrible rapping from Em and you have another terrible song from this fucking album. 

92. 25 To Life - Eminem 

This has a terrible hook from whoever sings the hook and I really hate Eminem's flows and how he fucking rides gunshots! Paper Planes this is not, This is also a disaster! 


94. If I Had You - Adam Lambert 

Last song of the week and it's thankfully not more Recovery, but another single from Adam Lambert, and this is pretty good. I like the guitar, the drop is good and I really like his voice. The lyrics are fine, even if they don't have the power of like Whataya Want From Me for me, which is a better song, but this is still really good. 


So that was this week. Worst and best is gonna look different this week since literally everything from Recovery sucked and everything else was good to great. So I am giving a tie for Worst Of The Week to every song that charted this week from Recovery, and a tie for Best Of The Week between all the other songs. 


Thanks for reading. Urtar Reviews signing out. I'll see you next time! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 Crownnote Year End With No Christmas Songs

My Top 20 Favorite Hit Songs of 2023 Part 2 (10-1)

My Top 10 Least Favorite Hit Songs of 2020