Throwback Breakdown: May 1, 2010

 Hey everyone, Drake known online as Urtar Reviews here and it's time for another episode of Throwback Breakdown! 

The Top Ten

To start off our top ten we have a new #1, Nothin' On You by B.o.B and Bruno Mars. It pushes back Rude Boy by Rihanna to #2. Hey, Soul Sister by Train holds steady at #3. So does Break Your Heart by Taio Cruz and Ludacris at #4. Need You Now by Lady Antebellum rises to #5, knocking In My Head by Jason Derulo to #6. Telephone by Lady Gaga and Beyonce is stable at #7. OMG by Usher and Will.i.am gains to #8. Your Love Is My Drug by Kesha enters the top 10 for the first time at #9. And Whataya Want From Me by Adam Lambert does the same at #10. 


Significant Gains, Losses, Dropouts and Returns

To start off our losses, Winner by Jamie Foxx, Justin Timberlake and T.I. plummets off its debut to 51. When I Look At You by Miley Cyrus falls to 52. Blah Blah Blah by Kesha and 3OH!3 drops to 54. Today Was A Fairytale by Taylor Swift falls to 56. Life After You by Daughtry finishes its run at 61. Halfway Gone by Lifehouse drops to 62. Steady Mobbin' by Young Money and Gucci Mane falls to 67. "Til Summer Comes Around by Keith Urban drops to 72. Temporary Home by Carrie Underwood leaves to 73. You And Your Heart by Jack Johnson plummets after the debut to 80. Sex Therapy by Robin Thicke THANKFULLY takes another hit to 88. All The Way Turnt Up turns down at 91. O Let's Do It by Waka Flocka Flame unfortunately drops to 93. Ridin' Solo by Jason Derulo drops to 94. And finally, On To The Next One by Jay-Z and Swizz Beatz drops to 98. 

Looking at dropouts, the major ones were Replay by Iyaz, and Tie Me Down by The New Boyz and Ray J.

There were no returns this week.

To start off our gains, Alejandro by Lady Gaga skyrockets up to 28. Bulletproof by La Roux gains to 36. All I Do Is Win by DJ Khaled, T-Pain, Ludacris, Snoop Dogg & Rick Ross wins at 48. The House That Built Me by Miranda Lambert builds to 55. Finally, Billionaire by Travie McCoy and Bruno Mars gains to 60. 


New Entry Reviews 

12. Airplanes - B.o. B., Hayley Williams 

One of the absolute biggest hits of 2010 and one that has recently become a meme. But anyway, I think this song really holds up. Sure I get why some people would dislike some of B.o.B.'s bars but I honestly don't care. His actual flow is great and Hayley's hook is incredible. The beat is also very good. I gave this an Honorable Mention on my best list and I stand by it. Great stuff!


23. Not Myself Tonight - Christina Augilera

I have conflicting thoughts on what I've heard from Christina Augilera. Anyway, how is this? Well it's definitely on the bad side. The beat sounds like a low rent 2000's Timbaland beat but far worse than most of those. The Way I Are this is not. Christina sounds decent during the verses but the chorus isn't good. Overall I just think this is kinda bad. 

90. Crazy Town - Jason Aldean

I really hate Jason Aldean. He has made some songs I despise such as You Make It Easy and Got What I Got and at his best his songs are just forgettable. And this song is pretty bad. Sounds like a combination of Big Green Tractor and Dirt Road Anthem, two songs I hate, and it doesn't work. Jason Aldean's voice is as annoying as ever, the lyrics are country cliches, and the production sucks. Bad stuff.


100. Water - Brad Paisley

This is a pretty decent country song with a good guitar line but nothing special. It's fine but I wouldn't ever seek it out. 


So yeah that was this week. Skipping Dishonorable and Honorable Mentions because there's only 4 debuts. Worst Of The Week goes to Crazy Town by Jason Aldean and Best Of The Week goes to Airplanes by B.o.B and Hayley Williams. 

Urtar Reviews signing out! I'll see you next time! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 Crownnote Year End With No Christmas Songs

My Top 20 Favorite Hit Songs of 2023 Part 2 (10-1)

My Top 10 Least Favorite Hit Songs of 2020